Friday, July 06, 2007

Unclear on the concept


A panel of the US Circuit Court in Cincinnati dismisses an ACLU suit against Bush’s program of warrantless wiretapping, saying the plaintiffs lacked standing because they couldn’t prove that they’d been subjected to the secret surveillance. Yeah, that was kind of the whole point of the lawsuit.

Chris Floyd refers to “gangster moll Tony Blair.” I wish I’d said that.

New York Magazine competition, 10/18/82, a familiar line, title etc, updated and downgraded by the insinuation of a trendy [in 1982, anyway] word or phrase:

To be or not to be, that is the bottom line.

When shall we three interface again?

Something is grody to the max in the state of Denmark.

Give me liberty or gag me with a spoon.

Cry “God for Harry! England and Saint George! Go for it!”

Take a number, Satan.

Is this a dagger which I see before me, or what?

Beware of Greeks bearing free gifts.

Hi! Call me Ishmael.

Love is visually impaired.

What airheads these mortals be.

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, check this out.


The complete collection of New York comps here.

No comments:

Post a Comment