Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am going home with my head held high


An email from RNC chair Mike Duncan to my last cat asks her to sign an electronic thank you card to George Bush, who, after all, “restored honor and integrity to the White House and protected America from another terrorist attack.” A cash gift to the Republican Party would also be nice. The subject line of the email: “Grateful Gratitude to our President.” As opposed to ungrateful gratitude, which would just be ungrateful.

Bush gave an interview to several Texas news organizations as part of his Legacy Tour, Texas-style. He began by calling one of the interviewers ugly.

WHAT HE HAS A GREAT SENSE OF: “I have a great sense of accomplishment and I am going home with my head held high.” Is it wrong of me that I immediately pictured his head being held high on a pike?

JUST LIKE THE ROCKING CHAIR INCIDENT: “Many friends have said, why didn’t you just let them [financial institutions] fail? And the answer was because letting them fail could have caused the average cat a lot of pain and agony.”

WHAT HE’LL MISS: “And I’ll miss ‘Frenchy’ L’Heureux, the colonel with whom I ride my mountain bike.” That probably only sounds like some sort of kinky gay sex thing, right?

Did he ever ask McCain about the sure-fire plan to capture Osama he claimed to have during the election campaign? No. “[B]ut we have - we’re on the hunt and have been on the hunt ever since September the 11th, 2001.” Of course if you’d started a little earlier...

He reiterated his enthusiasm for nuclear power: “but there’s a lot of resistance because there’s still a generation of people concerned about the engineering and the safety of nuclear power plants.” Evidently concern about the engineering and safety of nuclear power plants is purely a generational one and will go away when all the hippies die out.

EVERY SO OFTEN, EVEN GEORGE BUSH SAYS SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE WITH: “And the less I’m on TV the better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment