Thursday, February 07, 2008

I love you, what can I do to help you?


Thursday afternoon, Bush had a “Helping America’s Youth” event at the White House. He told America’s youth, “there’s all kinds of ways to serve America. One way is to wear the uniform. Another way is to find somebody wonders whether or not there’s a positive future in their lives, and put your arm around them and say, I love you; what can I do to help you?” First, should he really be encouraging America’s youth to go up to random depressed people, put their arm around them and say, “I love you, what can I do to help you?” I mean, it would be pretty creepy the other way around, wouldn’t it?

I love you, what can I do to help you?


Second: and the other option he offers is to join the military, find somebody wonders whether or not there’s a positive future in their lives – and shoot them. Is there nothing, you know, in the middle?

Then he discovered a shiny object, and that kept him occupied for the rest of the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment