Sunday, August 31, 2008

I would pull that lever


James Dobson, who had said he would never vote for McCain, now says that with Palin on the ticket, “I would pull that lever.” I’ll bet he would, I’ll bet he totally would.

H/T to Josh in comments for this 1988 video of sportscaster Sarah Palin. Is that an Alaska accent?



I understand she got her very first passport last year.

Today, Bush went to FEMA operation center in D.C. to give a message to the people of the Gulf Coast: “The message to the people of the Gulf Coast is, this storm is dangerous.”

Ah could sure go for a burrito right about now.


PREPOSITIONING EMERGENCY STOCKPILES OF “IN OTHER WORDS”: “the federal government has prepositioned teams of emergency managers, doctors, ambulances, search and rescue teams, aircraft and commodities throughout the region. There are millions of meals and millions of liters of water prestaged, as well as a lot of blankets and cots. In other words, there’s a lot of preparations that have gone in in anticipation of this storm.”

For example, hauling a presidential podium into FEMA’s operation center.


Meanwhile, McCain and his soul mate went to the emergency management center in Mississippi.


He promised they would act as Americans, but only if absolutely necessary: “I pledge that tomorrow night, and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now.”

Ah yes, now I remember why I picked you.


No comments:

Post a Comment