Monday, February 25, 2019

Today -100: February 25, 1919: Good morrow, my little soldiers


Boston police arrest 22 members of the National Woman’s Party who planned to burn Woodrow Wilson’s speeches on Boston Common during the welcome parade. The charge is loitering.

In his speech at Mechanics Hall, Boston, Wilson says abandoning the peace treaty would be breaking the promises the US made to new nations Poland, Armenia, Czechoslovakia etc. “I have no more doubt of the verdict of America in this matter than I have of the blood that is in me.” And about that blood: “I have fighting blood in me.”

Prince Leopold is arrested for possibly being behind the assassination of Bavarian PM Kurt Eisner. And they’re looking for the former Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria. A bunch of aristos have also been arrested.

Headline of the Day -100: 

“Good morrow, my little soldiers,” he addresses them. “Good morrow, comrade,” they reply.

Full-page ad on page 7:



Don't see comments? Click on the post title to view or post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment