Friday, June 09, 2023

Today -100: June 9, 1923: I am not practicing to be an Emperor


As the largest-denomination German note, the 100,000 mark note, is now worth just $1.30, they’ll start printing million mark notes.

France won’t reject the German reparation proposal, it will simply ignore it, because it is not accompanied by an end of passive resistance in the Ruhr.

Mussolini denies planning to proclaim himself dictator and/or emperor: “Do not be afraid because I ride horseback every morning. I am not practicing to be an Emperor; I am young and I like to ride.”

The British House of Commons votes to equalize the law of divorce. Under the existing law, a husband could divorce his wife for a single act of infidelity but a wife would also have to prove cruelty or desertion.

Don't see comments? Click on the post title to view or post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment