Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wherein is revealed what will happen if you show Arnold Schwarzenegger a hill


Will Durst: “The good news is FEMA showed up in California. The bad news is they came to fix the levees.”

This picture is of a plane dropping fire retardant on one of the Southern California fires.


Speaking of... well, speaking of un-PC segues, George Bush came to California today, or perhaps I should say Kallyfohrnia, since he praised Governor Terminator fulsomely at every turn: “The thing I like about Governor Schwarzenegger, he says, you show me a problem, I’ll charge it; if you show me a hill, I’ll go up it”. If you show him a boob, he’ll grope it.


As others have pointed out, this is a not terribly veiled swipe at Louisiana Governor Blanco, part of his continuing attempt to shift the blame for the poor response to Katrina from himself to her. “And we’ve got a problem out here, and I appreciate his leadership. It makes a significant difference when you have somebody in the statehouse willing to take the lead.” For example, Schwarzenegger took the lead in “Kindergarten Cop” and “Last Action hero.”


He asked our esteemed governor if he still gets called the Terminator. Arnie responded with an amusing reference to his problems with premature ejaculation: “Yes, especially by my wife.”


Bush came with a message: “First thing I want to let the people know out here in Southern California is that many across our nation...” Literally dozens. “...have been moved by the plight of the citizens who have lost their homes, lost their possessions, and particularly those who have lost their life.” Particularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment