Monday, April 09, 2007

I view that as a sign of progress


John McCain on 60 Minutes conceded that the majority in the US opposes the Iraq war but said, “I disagree with what the majority of the American people want.” He was not asked why, then, the majority of the American people would want to vote for him. I’d actually be interested to hear how he’d answer that one. He also acknowledged the heavy security for his trip to the market, but said, “I can tell you that if it had been two months ago and I’d asked to do it, they would have said, ‘Under no circumstances whatsoever.’ I view that as a sign of progress.” Or a sign that, given his call for never-ending war, they no longer care whether he lives or dies.

Wait a minute. Why does the “kevlar” in this vest smell exactly like Velveeta?


(I just spent two minutes trying to decide whether Velveeta was more or less comical than Cheez Whiz, and I’m still just not sure. This is another of those choices which confront the owner of a blog every single day. It is not for the faint of heart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment