Sunday, December 15, 2002

The one with the bigger brain

Other people have given thought to the question of What Would Jesus Drive, and it seems there is evidence. In St. John’s gospel, Jesus tells a crowd, “For I did not speak of my own Accord.” Bumper stickers on the Honda include “My other car is a flaming chariot,” “This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased because he was an honor student at Galilee Elementary. The Bible also says that God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Evil in a (Plymouth) Fury. At least they bought American.

The Post mentions that the lack of news from the war on terrorism last week kept the focus on Trent Lott. Of course if it had been Cheney or Bush in trouble, the weapons of mass distraction would have been turned loose.

Gore says he won’t run for president again, although he doesn’t address the deeper issue of whether he will ever appear on a comedy show again.

No comments:

Post a Comment