Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Folks think I’m a city boy


Last night Obama had an “Evening of Country Music” at the White House, which has seen many awkward events but not many more so (Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe in the same room, Shrub’s Hanukkah celebrations, and Nixon dining alone come to mind) (oo, IMPROMPTU CONTEST: name some other awkward White House events).

Obama claimed to enjoy country music: “Now, I know folks think I’m a ‘city boy’ -- (laughter) -- but I do appreciate listening to country music because like all Americans, I appreciate the broad and indelible impact that country has had on our nation.” “After all, name me any other country that would have produced a Hank Williams or a Willie Nelson.”

Here are the Obamas’ “I’m just sitting here, enjoying the country music” faces.




No comments:

Post a Comment