Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Medical news you can use: cupcakes are good for your health


Obama held a town hall meeting today in a high school in Raleigh, North Carolina and another one in the produce section of a supermarket in Bristol, Virginia. The comments here are from the former, the pictures from the latter because what’s better, this


or this?


HE’S IN THE POCKET OF BIG CUPCAKE: “Sara Coleman for the wonderful introduction. Give her a great round of applause. (Applause.) She brought me a Cupcake Factory teeshirt -- (laughter) -- but no cupcakes. (Laughter.) I mean, I know I’ve been talking about health care a lot, but I think cupcakes are good for your health.”


UM, YAY? “We’re losing jobs at half the rate we were when I took office six months ago. (Applause.)”

“BAILOUT OF CAPITALIST SWINE,” THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO CALL IT. OR MAYBE “BARNEY.” “Now, there’s a lot of misinformation about the Recovery Act or the stimulus, whatever you want to call it.”


WHAT MAKES BARACK SCRATCH HIS HEAD: “although I’ve got to say, when I hear critics talk about out-of-control spending, I start scratching my head. I can’t help but remember those same critics contributed to a $1.3 trillion deficit that I inherited when I took office. You hand me a $1.3 trillion bill and then you’re complaining six months later because we haven’t paid it all back.” AND GUESS WHOSE FACE IS ON THE $1.3 TRILLION BILL?

IF NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT, HOW CAN YOU BE TIRED OF HEARING IT? “First of all, nobody is talking about some government takeover of health care. I’m tired of hearing that.”


BUT IF IT COULD BE SOMEHOW ARRANGED FOR RUSH LIMBAUGH TO GO BROKE FROM HEMORRHOIDS. GET KATHLEEN SEBELIUS ON THAT AT ONCE: “No one in America should go broke because of an illness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment