Sunday, March 26, 2006

War is war (and vice versa)


Another day, another massacre. The Indy says the killings by US troops inside a Baghdad mosque are “likely to lead to increased tensions with the Shia community.” Ya think?

Another day, another secret Iraqi Interior Ministry prison.

Another minute, another stupid comment out of Antonin Scalia’s mouth. Newsweek reports that Fat Tony called the idea of proper hearings for Guantanamo detainees “crazy.” “Give me a break,” he added. “War is war,” he said, using that keen logic for which he is known. He mentioned the totally irrelevant fact that his son served in Iraq and “they” were shooting at him. “If he was captured by my army on a battlefield, that is where he belongs.” (my emphasis, obviously). I’d like to see a transcript. There’s a link to a .wav, but I don’t really want to download a 239m file. He said something about Europe’s reaction to Guantanamo being “hypocritical” which I’d like to hear in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment