Monday, January 10, 2005

“I look forward to welcoming him here to Washington if he chooses to come here”


Today is the 3rd anniversary of the opening of Guantanamo for business as a gulag. I just looked it up: the traditional third anniversary gift is leather. Oh dear.

Mahmoud Abbas has won the legitimacy that only comes, the world media imply, from an invitation to the White House. I mean sod the elections, if Chimpy invites you to break bread (now that I think of it, I’m not sure if a meal was actually mentioned; maybe better to nosh a little first), then you have been well and truly anointed.

Shrub added that he envisioned “a day when he and president-elect Abbas and Israel’s leaders could stand together and say, ‘We have peace.’” Hey, you can always say it. You say stuff all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment