Sunday, May 02, 2021

Today -100: May 2, 1921: I do know that no negroes have been murdered here at my instructions


May Day passes quietly, without a single riot or revolution. The NYT seems almost disappointed.

Headline of the Day -100:  


I assume this is some sort of Last Tango in Paris thing.

France wants to occupy the Ruhr immediately, but is forced to accept a British & Italian compromise of issuing an ultimatum to Germany first, after it was pointed out to the French that it would take a few days to organize an invasion anyway.

Another Georgia plantation, another bunch of dead black people. Planter U.G.B. Hogan admits that 3 black men were killed on his farm in 3 separate incidents, but none of them was his fault, so that’s okay then. “I don’t know what peonage is, but I do know that no negroes have been murdered here at my instructions.”

Don't see comments? Click on the post title to view or post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment