Thursday, July 12, 2007

I just brought terror to someone under the American flag


Harriet Miers: from nominee to the highest court in the land to contempt of Congress in two short years. It would be so ironic if she wound up in jail. And by ironic I mean hilarious.

The Nation interviews some Americans who served in Iraq. “We always got the wrong house.” “I guess while I was there, the general attitude was, ‘A dead Iraqi is just another dead Iraqi.’” “I just remember thinking, ‘I just brought terror to someone under the American flag’.” Etc.

Sam Brownback is campaigning in Iowa accompanied by the brother of Terri Schiavo, a former Sudanese slave, and an aborted fetus. I’m making up the last part, but maybe I shouldn’t give him any ideas.

And Tom Tancredo is proposing refusing automatic citizenship to children born in the US unless one of their parents is a US citizen. This would leave millions stateless.

Hey, McCain, if you put on “gay sweaters” because your campaign staff tells you to, maybe the real problem is with you and not the staff?

Lady Bird Johnson, and friends:


Opening the new White House press room:


No comments:

Post a Comment