Friday, November 07, 2008

Mutts, like me


In his first post-election press conference, Obama addressed the all-important puppy issue, saying that Malia needs a hypo-allergenic dog so he may not be able to get one from the pound because “a lot of shelter dogs are mutts, like me.” He said it, not me. Of course after eight years of seeing the White House occupied by an example of the results of excessive in-breeding, a mutt looks pretty good.


Obama said that he had spoken to all the living former presidents but none of the dead ones. “I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about, you know, doing any seances.” Er, right. Wait a minute, as I wrote that I just realized: Nancy Reagan had an astrologer, but it was actually Hillary who had seances with the ghost of Eleanor Roosevelt.


Anyway, we know what the Ghost of Ronald Reagan would have said to Obama: “Mister Mayor, how are things going in your city?”



No comments:

Post a Comment